Hi! I'll be playing Worm tomorrow on stream along with several other games from the jam at 3:30pm EST. I'll be talking about any interesting design decisions as I play, and suggesting improvements if any come to mind. Please feel free to join me live, it'll be extra fun to chat together about your game while playing it :)
I recently wrote a Chip-8 Interpreter and while researching i stumbled upon the Octojam and decided to write a game for it. As i am really creative it is a snake clone.
Movement is wasd (5789) and to start a new game press e (6) at the end screen.
- Fully articulated worm made out of 4x4 sprites
- Gets faster the higher your score
- Two different powerups appear randomly
- Only uses original chip-8 instruction set
- Unnecessarily complicated source code
This is supposed to run without waiting for vsync after every sprite draw (vblank option in octo), as my interpreter didn't do this when i wrote the game.